Friday, January 18, 2013

Response essay to 'Brave'

                   

                             I watched the movie 'Brave' last week. It was about one young girl called 'Merida'. I enjoyed the movie very much, and I think that Merida is a very brave girl. She didn't get scared and give up although she had many hardtimes in the movie.

                         In the movie 'Brave', one young girl called Merida goes on an adventure to change her fate. Merida is a princess in the clan, and because of that, she needed to marry one of the boys in other clans. However, she didn't want to do that, so she went to a witch's house and bought a spell that would change her mother. Merida thought that the spell would change her mother's thoughts, but it just changed her mother into a bear. So, Merida went on an adventure to change her mother. At last, using her courage, she turned her mother back, also changing her fate.
 
                           I learned many things from this movie 'Brave'. One thing I  learned from this movie is that we can do anything if we try it with courage. In the movie, Merida wouldn't have changed her fate when she didn't have courage. For example, she wouldn't have tried to shoot the targets with the bow to stop the competition of marrying her if she didn't have courage. If she didn't do this because she wasn't brave enough, she wouldn't have been able to go to the witch's house and convince her mother. Another thing I learned is that we should listen to other people. When Merida and her mother listened to each other, it would have been a lot easier to change Merida's fate. It wouldn't have hurt Merida and her mother's feelings,too. the last thing I learned from this movie is to think twice before doing something. In the movie, if Merida's mom thought twice and didn't say some bad things to her, Merida wouldn't have gone out of the house. Also, if Merida thought twice before giving the magical cake to her mother, her mother wouldn't have turned into a bear.

                            I liked this movie very much. The first reason why is that the movie wasn't boring because it used characters with similar ages to us. Because Merida, the main character, is similar ages as us, I felt more excited when Merida did something. Also, I undestood her better because of her age. Another reason why I liked this movie is because there were many parts where I felt worried and nervous because of the characters. For example, I was very nervous when Merida's father tried to kill Merida's mother because she was a bear.

                             After watching the movie, I though that Merida is a great girl. She had courage to change her fate. She fought against the bear bravely. She is also very clever. She realized how to save her mother by herself.

                             To conclude, I really enjoyed the movie 'Brave'. I also learned a lot from this movie. They are: with courage you can do anything,listen to others, and to think twice before doing something. I hope I can be a brave girl like Merida by doing these things.      
                  

'Brave' Teaser

2 comments:

  1. I can see that you like this movie.
    I didn't like it that much, however it was good to know that you liked it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heewon,

    This is a very well-written essay. You understand the concept of a response essay very well and did a great job explaining your feelings about the film.

    ReplyDelete